Monday, June 29, 2009

Shelia Bair - A Profile

·

This was a worthwhile read. She seems like one of the few appointments that Bush got right:

Although she has no formal training as an economist, she has worked on and off as a financial regulator in Washington for nearly two decades. In 2006, George W. Bush appointed her to run the F.D.I.C., the agency that, established during the Depression, insures bank deposits. The position has a five-year term and is usually held by an anonymous bureaucrat, but Bair has forced her way to the center of the debate over the financial crisis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Deal

The markets are crashing, thousands of people are losing their jobs and the government keeps funneling money into broken banks. This little blog will help explain why this is happening and how we fix it.

I'd like to preface this experiment with a contract between myself and my readers. My promise to you is that I will be civil, non-ideological, well researched and honest. In return, I only ask that you think.

Send questions to: ouremptywallets@gmail.com

Quick Search

Recent Comments