Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Health Care Dimming?

·

I hope Tyler Cowen is wrong:

The prospects for health care reform seem to be dimming. If I were a progressive I would be wondering right now whether Medicare was a tactical mistake. The passage of Medicare meant that most old people get government-provided health care coverage. Yet the way to get things done in this country, politically, is to get old people behind them.
Maybe, how about the prescription drug bill? That Republican led disaster is an example of why governments shouldn't mess with health care. Is it giving them too much credit to say that this was the plan all along?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Deal

The markets are crashing, thousands of people are losing their jobs and the government keeps funneling money into broken banks. This little blog will help explain why this is happening and how we fix it.

I'd like to preface this experiment with a contract between myself and my readers. My promise to you is that I will be civil, non-ideological, well researched and honest. In return, I only ask that you think.

Send questions to: ouremptywallets@gmail.com

Quick Search

Recent Comments